Some content on this page is not suitable for young eyes or faint hearts.
Views expressed by Sleep Talkin' Man rarely reflect the opinions of waking Adam.
Especially the desire to exterminate all vegetarians (but he does hate lentils.)

20111105

Nov 5 2011

"Oh great. Who's idea was it to theme this party 'sloth sanctuary'? It's gonna be the slowest evening ever. Jesus! (then in slo-mo) Jeeeeeeeeeeeesssssuuuuuuuuusssssss."

 or click here

That one is not as random as it sounds. Every year, Adam and I volunteer at an animal sanctuary somewhere in the world. We've just decided that this year, we'll work with sloths in Costa Rica. I'm sure there will be some truly rockin' parties.
"Froggie!! I miss you. Where have been Froggie? Ohhhh, fancy. What've you got in your bag? Why are you collecting tourists? Put 'em back, Froggie, and tell me about your trip."
 or click here

And then we have Adam's unfortunate awakening, and our conversation about that last one:


 or click here
ADAM: (punches headboard) OW! Oh.
KAREN: Oh, Baby, what did you just hit?
ADAM: Oh! Hand.
KAREN: Oh my god. But you were just having such a nice conversation. With the froggie.
ADAM: Really?
KAREN: Yeah.
ADAM: What language was I speaking?
KAREN: ... No I think it was an actual froggie.
ADAM: Oh, okay, not French, then.
KAREN: No. I think it was a froggie. (giggle)
ADAM: You just like the word.
KAREN: Um, what did you say... "Oh, froggie, I've missed you! Where have you been? What's in your bag? Stop collecting tourists, and tell me about your trip."
ADAM: Wow. Is he a big frog, do you think?
KAREN: Well, if he had a big enough bag that he could collect tourists...
ADAM: I wonder how he collects them. Do you think he uses his big sticky tongue to grab them off the street? You're standing there, taking pictures of Big Ben, and all of the sudden: (sound effect)
KAREN: Well, what does he do with them?
ADAM: His tourist collection. "I have tourists from all over the world. Here we have Japan, Australia. Don't have any from Kahzakstan, though. Or Outer Mongolia. My prize is this man from Belize."

19 comments:

  1. I wonder what made Froggie fancy. I'm picturing him in a top hat and bow tie like that frog that sings "Hello My Baby" in all the old Merry Melodies cartoons. And his bag is a big, black, shiny leather bag with all sorts of masculine but pretty silver trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed really hard at the sound he made of the froggie collecting tourists with his tongue. People will wonder what I am giggling at all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the sound effect made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One has to wonder how many tourists they get in Kazakhstan and Outer Mongolia...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so sorry for Adam because he so often hurts himself. Isn't it time to buy yourselves a padded headboard? Or alternatively he could sleep in a straitjacket so he wouldn't flap his arms around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder whether STM isn't confusing his species: bagging tourists sounds more like something Mr. The Toad might do (check out zippythepinhead.com)

    A confrontation between STM and th'Toad might be interesting, as they battle over who has the biggest ego...... 7@=Q

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I REALLY want to volunteer at that sloth sanctuary some day. Those creatures are the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, STM don't think Froggie should collect tourists. Oh, well, I guess the tourists needs to get home, too, and they are probably a hell to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. STM isn't confusing his species: bagging tourists sounds more like something Mr. The Toad might do (check out zippythepinhead.com)SSB coaching in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  10. In case you didn't know, this specific example of STM's commentary was played today on CBC's "As it Happens" radio program. http://www.cbc.ca/asithappens/ (It also featured the sea fluffies from 8 November.) The podcast will be up tomorrow, the story starts at about 76 minutes in (podcast), or 16 minutes into Part three on the currently available links.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my dh just came home from work and told me he had listened to the CBC program . so glad I found the blog !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm coming to London for vacation in May. I sincerely hope whilst looking at Big Ben I am not snatched by a tourist collecting frog!! I guess I'll have to keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhh!!! Froggie! Love the slurping! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. JamiSings: that would be Michigan J. Frog. i was picturing a from more along the lines of a giant kermit though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned.I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Intersting, I enjoyed while reading

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful info specially the last part :) I
    care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular
    info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

    For an incredible solution please check-out this post - brain boosters Food

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are so many people who have GOD gifted talent in which one of you. I have been fan of your site after watching your site. I really like your blog that is so nice and I have a request for you just keep your work continue.

    Visit: GED Diploma Online

    ReplyDelete