Some content on this page is not suitable for young eyes or faint hearts.
Views expressed by Sleep Talkin' Man rarely reflect the opinions of waking Adam.
Especially the desire to exterminate all vegetarians (but he does hate lentils.)


Dec 7 2012

"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."

 or click here
"No, you can't bring your furry grommets in here. I said no! I swear, you bring those furry little critters in here, I'm gonna do some head stomping. Yeah, fucking furry grommet head stomping. Stomp. Stomp stomp. Squishy squishy squishy squish. See? Yeahhh."
 or click here

And the illuminating reveal:

 or click here
ADAM: Grommets are things you get in your ears, aren't they? What are grommets? I'm thinking of a little furry thing, I don't know what a grommet is.
KAREN: Okay, grommets are not furry by nature.
KAREN: Grommets are usually metal things that you put into material. The sashes for the curtains.
ADAM: Yes?
KAREN: The metal hole-things I made. That's a grommet.
ADAM: Oh! A grommet for me is a fluffy, like—
KAREN: Well, 'cause, the word is really cute.
ADAM: Kind of fluffy big googly-eyed little round thing that goes (sound effect of funny little creature) and wobbles on the ground.
KAREN: Well, the fact that that's what you thought a grommet is does explain why STM thinks that's what a grommet is. So, you knew the word "grommet" before.
ADAM: I have heard of the word "grommet."
KAREN: But you thought it was a cute furry creature with googly eyes.
ADAM: Don't laugh at me.
KAREN: Where did that idea come from? In what context have you heard the word "grommet?"
ADAM: I know I have heard the word "grommet" in relation to children's ears. They have had operations to remove grommets.
KAREN: What?!?!? Okay, I'm gonna look that up, and why would THAT be a cute furry thing with googly eyes?!
ADAM: I don't know!!
KAREN: That's really disturbing!
ADAM: I don't know anything.
KAREN: "You have a grommet growing out of your ear! We’re going to get that little critter out of there." Hold on. I'm going to put in "grommet" and "ear." Oh, yep, yep, hey! Uh… (reading) Ohhhh! A grommet is also—You know the tubes that they implant surgically in people's ears…
ADAM: What?!
KAREN: Ear tubes.
ADAM: No?! I thought it was something that grew in there. That they had to remove. I don't know. Either way, it's not a cute furry animal, is it.
ADAM: Right.
KAREN: But here's what's frightening me: you knew there was an association with ear surgery on children, and yet you still thought it was a furry little critter with googly eyes.
ADAM: Hang on, hang on, hang on. No, no, no. I am aware of the word "grommet" in association with children's ears and something wrong with them. I IMAGINE, if someone said to me a grommet is a creature, what that grommet would look like.
KAREN: Uh-huh, okay.
ADAM: I didn't— Yes. Yes. Get it right.


  1. I can't help thinking of Gremlings, esp now that I read the reveal. That's probably what STM's thinking of too, right?

  2. Maybe he was thinking of Gromit, the dog from Wallace and Gromit?

  3. I think it was Gremlins too.

  4. They operate on some children to insert grommets into their ears - to help drain the mucus that stops them hearing properly...

  5. Kate -- I was thinking of Wallace and Gromit, too.

  6. Please add "Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted" to the store. I'd totally buy that shirt for every member of my loony family!

  7. there is kids tv show called wallace and grommit sounds same maybe thats what he is thinking

  8. I know, I's impossible to ever have a favorite. Still, "straitjackets online" has GOT to be up there. Oh, and you can get them online. I checked. STM is on to something.

  9. Thanks for a laugh on a day when I really needed one. And I was thinking Wallace and Gromit, too.

  10. Yup, I also thought of Wallace and Grommit. As a big fan of Weird Al Yankovic, the whole idea of grommet stomping made me think of this video:

    I want to add that I do not advocate cruelty to animals, weasels or otherwise!

  11. Just add another element to the conversation - 'grommet' is also a slang term for a young, relatively inexperienced surfer or snowboarder.

  12. OK, let's sort this out:

    Straitjackets online? There most likely are..... but you'd have to go to some *pretty* kinky websites for them....

    As for Grommets: I'm afraid Adam got the sound a bit wrong. A grommet is more guttural, actually - you'll have to do some searching on the "Prairie Home Companion" site; but they're there.... 7@=Q

    And, yeah, I've had tubes in my ears several times - nowadays I just use hearing aids....

  13. From STM's description of "grommets", I think he was thinking of Chuzzles. They're round, furry, big-eyed, and squeak. The game can be found almost everywhere online. (Picture at www dot popcap dot com/games/chuzzle)

    (the other Karen)

  14. Disappointed that the click through on your 'straightjackets online' doesn't actually take you to a website selling straightjackets.

  15. Might you be thinking about Gromit of Wallace & Gromit?

  16. this site is vary nice . i already bookmark this site i come back again thank u.sharenews, the bangladesh

  17. I can't believe I'm almost a month behind... I haven't missed more than a day or two in over two years, and then I always caught up. I started about 4 months in, and read all the archives and never, to my knowledge, missed any. Between work and computer problems and replacement, I'm just catching up from Thanksgiving. Anyway, could you have been thinking of a Marmot?

  18. It might be a conglomeration of Gromit, from the British, children's claymation, Wallace and Gromit show, and Gremlin, from the American movie by Joe Dante and Steven Speilberg.

  19. I don't know why but I always mix up Gremlins with the Tribbles from Star Trek... so the whole "cute furry animals with googly eyes" thing sat fine with me!

  20. Welcome to website to buy RS Gold, offer a lot, of course, Diablo 3 Gold or Diablo 3 Gold Kaufen and WoW Gold, to be purchased at any time, at any time shipment, and look forward to your visit!

  21. I know this web page presents quality dependent articles and other
    data, is there any other web site which offers these data in quality?

    Here is my webpage Louis Vuitton Bags

  22. It's very easy to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I found this paragraph at this website.

    my blog post ... resources

  23. If you want to grow your familiarity only keep visiting this web
    site and be updated with the latest gossip posted here.

    Take a look at my web-site :: Air Max

  24. April 2015 at 04:59 are the providing the best coaches in Sydney and if you are looking for free classes then call us now at 0431 571 161

  25. Thanks for the best was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. Thanks for giving me the useful information. I think I need it!
    rollercoaster creator
    super adventure pals
    madness project nexus hacked
    kizi games
    kizi 4
    mickey mouse game

  26. Thanks for your very useful Information. I will bookmark for next reference. I really liked this part of the article. with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know. you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this. Success for you.

  27. Thank you for another wonferdul article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.
    cool math games| coolmathgames| cool math| coolmath| math games| cool math a-z| coolmath games
    b cubed| b-cubed| barbie games| friv 4 school| friv4school| free online games

  28. I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your blog.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come
    here and visit more often. Obat Arthritis
    Fantastic work!

    don't forget visit my web : Obat Hiperkoagulasi

  29. Thank you very much for your post, it makes us have more and more discs in our life, So kind for you, I also hope you will make more and more excellent post and let’s more and more talk, thank you very much, dear.
    happy wheels| friv|monster high| shooting games| tetris| 8 ball pool
    cool math games| barbie games| friv4school| agario| sudoku

  30. Big Farm

    Big Farm is an awesome multiplayer farm management game made by the Goodgame Studios.
    Your mission is simple: Create a big farm, grow crops, breed animals,
    and become the richest farmer of the universe. Enjoy Goodgame's Big Farm!

  31. Obat asam urat is a drug that is much sought after by women and men over the age of 30 years, as many are affected by gout. Even now under the age of 30 years have been exposed to acute uric acid. If the disease is severe will result in the joints can not move. But you need not worry, because now it appears obat asam urat. Traditional obat asam urat is one of the traditional Obat asam urat nutritious high uric acid and obat asam urat potent naturally from the first. Not only can be used for obat asam urat, but it can also treat high cholesterol.

    If you are looking for a obat asam urat, here the place to sell drugs uric acid. About little discussion of obat asam urat, obat asam urat is best obat asam urat without chemicals. If you are bored with chemical drugs, do not worry because this is the obat asam urat without chemicals. Our products sell best obat asam urat. Many are already using obat asam urat and give a positive testimony. Obat asam urat best of the best

  32. Obat Stroke Iskemik Herbal Alami adalah sebuah solusi untuk anda yang bingung mencari obat untuk mengatasi penyakit stroke, selain itu ada juga Obat Untuk Mengobati Stroke Ringan Herbal yang memang banyak dicari karena sekarang ini banyak sekali penderita penyakit stroke ringan. Obat Stroke Tradisional Alami Ampuh, memang sangat ampuh karena terbuat dari bahan-bahan tradisional. Obat Untuk Stroke Ringan Yang Manjur juga sangat ampuh untuk mengatasi stroke ringan. Untuk itu Obat Penyakit Stroke Alami dan Tradisional sangat membantu sekali untuk pengobatan penyakit stroke. Obat Mujarab Untuk mengobati Penyakit Stroke merupakan sebuah obat mujarab yang banyak dijadikan alternatif oleh banyak orang, Obat Penyakit Stroke Alami dan Tradisional dan Obat Alami Untuk Mengobati Penyakit Stroke ini sudah banyak membantu orang-orang yang mengidap penyakit stroke dengan menggunakan Obat Untuk Penyakit Stroke Paling Ampuh. Obat Herbal Untuk Penderita Penyakit Stroke ini sangat aman, karena terbuat dari bahan alami yang 100% herbal. Obat Tradisional Untuk Penyakit Stroke Berat pun tersedia untuk anda yang memang mengalmai stroke berat. Untuk itu baik Obat Tradisional Untuk Menyembuhkan Penyakit Stroke, Obat Untuk Mengobati Stroke Ringan Maupun Berat, ataupun Obat Herbal Yang Mampu Untuk Mengobati Penyakit Stroke sangat baik dan berkhasiat sangat tinggi untuk mengobati penyakit stroke hingga tuntas.

  33. Ramuan tradisional untuk obat asam urat adalah obat yang banyak dicari oleh wanita, dan pria yang berumur di atas 30 tahun, karena banyak yang terkena penyakit asam urat. bahkan sekarang di bawah umur 30 tahun sudah terkena asam urat akut. jika penyakit sudah parah akan mengakibatkan persendian tidak bisa bergerak. tetapi anda tidak usah khawatir, karena sekarang sudah muncul obat untuk asam urat herbal tradisional berkhasiat tinggi. obat asam urat yang alami ampuh dari dulu tradisional ini adalah salah satu obat herbal asam urat dan kolesterol menahun tradisional berkhasiat tinggi, dan obat asam urat herbal tradisional terbaik alami ampuh dari dulu. tidak hanya bisa dijadikan untuk obat asam urat dan testimoni penderita asam urat, tetapi bisa juga mengobati kolesterol tinggi.
    jika anda mencari obat untuk mengobati asam urat dan kolesterol tinggi, disini tempatnya menjual cari obat untuk mengobati asam urat paling ampuh. sedikit bahasan tentang jual herbal obat untuk penyakit asam urat, obat untuk mengobati asam urat tanpa zat kimia ini adalah obat untuk penyakit asam urat terbaik tanpa zat kimia. jika anda sudah bosan dengan obat kimia, jangan khawatir karena ini adalah obat tradisional untuk penyakit asam urat akut tanpa zat kimia. produk kami menjual obat asam urat kualitas terjamin terbaik. banyak yang sudah menggunakan info tentang obat untuk penyakit asam urat dan memberikan testimoni yang positif.obat penyakit asam urat ampuh