Some content on this page is not suitable for young eyes or faint hearts.
Views expressed by Sleep Talkin' Man rarely reflect the opinions of waking Adam.
Especially the desire to exterminate all vegetarians (but he does hate lentils.)

20110225

Feb 25 2011

"I've written your epitaph. Yup. I did it early. You wanna read it? 'Here you are, lying dead. Ha ha ha ha ha'."

 or click here

Later, Adam started making the following noise. I can tell you exactly what this is. When we were at the sanctuary in Ecuador, a 5-week-old baby otter was dropped off, and the sanctuary asked Adam and me to care for him. We bottle fed him every four hours, snuggled him, worked on his walking, got up with him through the night. The sanctuary named him Adam. I found this disconcerting, so to us he is Addy.

Addy had the most incredible range of squeaks, chirps, and sighs. When we was especially contented, cuddled up on Adam's chest, for example, or snuggled under my chin, he would make the noise that Adam is making in this recording:


 or click here

And here are some pictures:
      


22 comments:

  1. OMG BABY OTTER WTFREALLY!? Amazing! Gawww it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is so cute! I want one now :p its like a little kitten snuggled up by your neck

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the cutest otter I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O. M. G. too. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is just the cutest thing I have ever seen. I wanna baby otter now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are priviledged to have been blessed to care for that baby otter and the picture of you with him curled up in your chest is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet!!!! My skinny cat curls up on me like that, but I never would have thought of an otter doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore otters. Thank you for these pics. I admit I'm a touch jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also the epitaph is awesome. Take that Spoon River!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Channeling baby otters is probably th sweetest thing STM has ever done :-D
    Cute overloaaaad...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You two make wonderful "parents"! What a lovely photo of the three of you. Like some of the other commentors, I am rather jealous, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous!!! I want a baby otter! You three look so cute with it. Love the otter noise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You need to submit those pictures to Cute Overload!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, if you've ever read 'Ring of Bright Water', you know it takes a certain tolerance for chaos to keep an otter........ 7@=Q

    But still - cute, cute, CUTE! 7@=e

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I know I could't do the sanctuary thing. Poor baby Otter. He loved you and you left him. I feel so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just threw up all over my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww...cutest baby otter EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Listening to your Adam make noises while looking at the photos of you guys with Addy really completes the picture.
    :D
    Love the blog as always!
    Pleasant dreams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so jealous!!!! You must submit your pictures to www.dailyotter.org I love me some otters!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Later, Adam started making the following noise. I can tell you exactly what this is. When we were at the sanctuary in Ecuador, a 5-week-old baby otter was dropped off, cotton gadda online , sofa blanket , double bed rajai price , sofa set ke cover , velvet fitted sheet and the sanctuary asked Adam and me to care for him. We bottle fed him every four hours, snuggled him, worked on his walking, got up with him through the night. The sanctuary named him Adam. I found this disconcerting, so to us he is Addy.

    ReplyDelete